Monday, February 1, 2010

The Onesies

For some silly reason I adore that nickname (in the title) for miss Olivia and her cousin/buddy/almost-brother/baby-playmate mister Connor. Technically, Olivia is not yet 1 but little Connor is (as of 20 or so days ago) and so we celebrated the darling babies' first birthdays last night.


We had a "Princess and The Frog" theme which my sis and I had so much fun prepping for. We invested in pinks and greens, frogs and tiaras, colorful candies, party games for the big cousins, delicious food, and delightful party guests. I am realizing we had such an easy time with things because both the onesies took late afternoon naps during most of the festivities--and woke just in time for the traditional, first birthday, cupcake annihilation. Such fun for the babies, and all of us watching them :)

Candy everywhere!

A closer look at the banners I made (with the help of my amazing hubby, of course).
I am quite proud of these--probably because we tried a few different approaches before settling on the final product. So, they were a lot of work but I loved making them--something about bringing an idea to fruition...



Speaking of my hubby, my Dad got him started on penicillin because it's looking like he has strep throat. Joseph obligingly wore a mask just to be safe. He's a good sport :)

a little frog dot-to-dot (and Princess Tiana coloring pages for Maddie and Cares)



These next pics are all from our game of "What Are You Kissing?"--a hands free guessing game




The kids LOVED the kissing game

And I love this silly cross-eyed kiss from Bentley



Our darling cupcakes made by this business (co-owned by an old friend of my little sis)

Livs devoured her cupcake handily--quietly and with great focus--but I could tell she was very pleased with her cupcake, especially the delicious pink frosting

Olivia's tubby buddies: Max and Connor


All bathed and cleaned up in her birthday tutu and brand new chair from Grandma Bobbi and Grandpa Sherm. As you can see she was not going to wear that headband.

My tiny princess and her soft little frog


9 comments:

Krista said...

what a cute party idea and party! I love the pink tutu and chair too. Great kissing game. It was all just too cute.

Heidi said...

Happy birthday to the onesies! It was such a fun evening. We love when we get to participate!

Bobbi said...

It was a fun party! All the little frogs and princesses were adorable, and the decorations fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your work and your creativity! Connor's first birthday was about to pass with hardly a nod but doing it with you made it a true cause for celebration!

Love you and love those cute onesies. I hope they are friends forever.

ba and the boys said...

LOVE the cupcakes and the banners!

Marianne said...

So fun! You want to be my party planner? Everything looked so cute and good job on the banners.

Maggie said...

So much fun. I love one year old birthday parties. Cute pictures.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Livs and Conner!

Lizzy said...

DARLING party Cares! loved everything about it!