Saturday, February 27, 2010

Inspired

These have inspired me and I have signed up for this.

Crazy. But I am excited. Here's to training! And can I have arms like the graceful Joannie come August? Please?


Didn't you just ache for her as she skated when you knew her heart was breaking? I have to admit that I cried as I watched her. As a mom, and a daughter I totally cried. And her performance was stunning because of it.

I have loved these olympics, cheering on the old faves--Apolo and Shaun, and taking pride in the new ones-- Lindsay, Steve and USA Sled 1, Johnny and Billy (see, after 2 weeks together we are on a first name basis :) There are countless others, American and Chinese and Canadian and Korean...

Remember these words, directed to the athletes from the Opening Ceremonies?:

"You are role models for our children, heroes, giants, human champions, the best ever. You are living proof that men and women are capable of doing great good, and in life, as in sport, we should do our best and never, ever give up..."

Good show world. Good show.

8 comments:

Krista said...

awesome!! You will look rockin' and I will be oh so chubs by then. ;) That is a great motivator those olympics. I've loved watching them too.

Heidi said...

I'm so excited for you and wish I could join you guys! Too bad my arms did not look like that after my last tri- I should worked harder on the strength training part.

Anonymous said...

Joannie had me in tears as well. When tragedy comes our way, we have a choice to rise above it and she did just that. So inspiring.

You will be superfit by doing the triathlon. Swimming lots could help but like Heidi said, strength training is necessary.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say that you will have great arms if you swim and do strength training. It was in my brain but I forgot to type it. Sorry for the confusion on that last comment.

So excited for you!

Bobbi said...

I, too, am inspired by these people who have taken a goal and made it happen. And I am excited for you to do a tri--right in your Herriman backyard.

Kristin Sokol said...

RADICAL!!!

If you want to train with some ladies nearby, let me know. We are resuming our bi-weekly swimming at 6am at Marv Jensen. There is an instructor who will make you better and it only cost $3. What a bargain! We'd love you to join us. We swim Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Maggie said...

look at you! At this rate you'll be ready for the St. George Ironman by next year. Happy training.

Heidi said...

Good luck with the training! What an awesome goal to have!