Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February Fun

Our Valentine's wouldn't have been complete without our favorite activities: making and decorating tasty sugar cookies and filling our house with homemade hearts and love notes.


Cares' face is so silly in this pic. I had to share it.

Yummy frosting for our cookies

Favors for my dancers after our Valentine's class last week

A heart-attack FHE: We all wrote what we loved about each member of our family.


Bentley's heart for Cares: "I love Cares because she is such a good friend."
I love the little drawing he made and carefully cut out to place beside his valentine for her. He actually drew each of us to be hung beside the hearts he made. Can I just freeze him at this age forever and keep him from growing out of these tender and creative gestures? I love him.


To Mother Nature,
We are tucking all our reds and pinks away today, a signal that winter is over and spring can begin. Please oblige in the not too distant future--by March would be perfect. Our fresh green pillows and cool blue vases look much more inviting next to sunshine rather than dreary gray skies. Thank you.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the spelling out of words Bean's age. I hope Max will be grateful for a little sister friend too!

Anonymous said...

Those drawings that Bean did are priceless.

And I am on board with the letter to Mother Nature...let spring be on her way. Soon.