Saturday, January 30, 2010

Three

3 things I read about while blog surfing this week...

1. This one I was simply reminded of here. I love this tray. I used it tonight for our yummy taco dinner. I think of my sister-in-law every time I see it. So, I am getting her one next time I am at IKEA. Flori, do you already have this?


2. Checked out this blog just this morning and promptly set-up my DVR for the PBS miniseries of Emma. I missed the first episode last week (it airs at 8:00 pm Sunday nights) but luckily can still catch it online here. Makes me think of another sister-in-law who adores Jonny Lee Miller from Mansfield Park. Mary--you must tune in!

3. Saw these on this lovely blog and decided to try my hand at some today. I bookmarked a quick tutorial a few days ago (Martha Stewart magic...of course!) and just used some stuff I had around the house (unwound jumbo paperclips instead of floral wire.) They are so, so easy to make and totally girlie and fun. We tried them out in Cares' room this afternoon.

FYI--I have hung these closer together, and higher since taking these pics...still testing them out...



Cares insisted I layer her with animals for this picture...
This is my favorite corner of her room (and it's too bad her green walls are so washed out in the pics because they're such a cool accent against all her pinks and whites.)


6 comments:

Bobbi said...

So cute, Carrie! Aren't you the crafty one?! Caroline suddenly looks older in that picture--long legs and a good smile with all her animals.

Heidi said...

How funny- Lindsey blogged about that same Emma miniseries this week.

I love the puff balls. And Cares looks super tall and long in the photo with them.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I saw these on Gillar Girl yesterday and was thinking that I wanted to do the same thing! She combined them with lanterns and a flowered lantern, which is super fun. Teach me please.

Robert Christensen said...

So glad I saw this post because I now have 3 new things to love too! I've never seen that tray before, but YES, so CUTE!!! I think it would make anything taste better! :)
I'm headed to Martha Stewart and PBS websites NOW to check out the other goodies. Thanks Carrie!

Krista said...

cute little poms. I've wanted to make some too. They look adorable. Maybe I'll have to make some for Sisi's b-day coming up.

Maggie said...

Those poms look great. Looks like you've been busy. Is Joe feeling better?