Friday, February 26, 2010

Digital Projects

2 big projects I completed this month (and both arrived on my doorstep this week):

1) 2010 Family Calendar


See how we do it? We use pictures to remind us of all the family birthdays during the year. And now you all are reminded that mine is coming up next month...I'm just saying...

I made it through iPhoto--easy peasy. It's the 6th year in a row I have made one for our little family and they are turning out to be dually functional both as the calendar during the year and as an archived year-in-review for our family.

Oh, and the first time I made a calendar it happened to be March (not quite sure how that happened...) Now, each successive calendar runs from March-February. Makes for one less thing to work on during the crazy holiday season.

2) 3rd Volume of my Blog Book


I have done all my blog books through Blurb because their software is so straightforward and user friendly. And they are very affordable. I printed my last book for just about 40 cents a page. Apple charges about $1 a page for digital picture books so Blurb's seems like quite a deal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love projects like these! I want to see the new calendar and the book. I need to get on my blog book because I am behind. Oh wait, I am behind on blogging too so the book better come after I catch up.

I always remember your birthday starting in February. I am trying to make up for those who forget your birthday. I'm just sayin :-).

Mariposa said...

care, good to know about printing your blog through blurb! I love it that you have just printed VOL 3. My blog would only be about $10 if I printed it through Apple, so blurb gives me a pretty sweet journal for about $4.80. :) you are a genius!

Carol said...

Thanks for the info. I want to print mine into a book as well, but wasn't sure who to use.

Heidi said...

Look at you all on top of projects! I still have only done the first year of my blog- which was 2006- waaaaay behind!

What do you do for my birthday- post of pic of me with Max?

I have been wanting to make a family photo calendar but it already seems weird to me to do it with no pics of baby girl! Next year, for sure.

Heidi said...

Wait who forgot your birthday? Don't tell me it was me and Cec is making a sly comment?

Carrie said...

Heid--it wasn't you. Remember that text you sent? And the fact that you babysat my baby for my fancy Vegas birthday date?

It is kind of a long story...we'll have to chat about it one day :)

Heidi said...

Well I was trying so hard to think of a birthday of yours I had forgotten- I am glad it was not me. Story soon please.

Bobbi said...

Great job on the projects! I love having my 2 blog books. They are a perfect family history tool, an illustrated journal.