Thursday, February 4, 2010

Good Read


Cares choose this book from the library last week and we have been reading it nonstop. It's basically The Monster at the End of this Book but redone a little bit to include flaps and pop-ups. It has been so fun to revisit this story as it was a huge favorite in my home growing up. I am pretty sure my siblings and I beat that book to a pulp with how many times we read it! Such a classic.

I just discovered it at Sesame Street eBooks and think I'll check it out with my kids. But can anything really replace snuggled up, one on one parent-child reading time? I most certainly think not.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree- anytime Max walks up to me holding a book to read I have to stop whatever I am doing because it is too sweet.

Anonymous said...

Nothing compares to a book with a kid on your lap.

That book looks like fun...I LOVED the MONSTER AT THE END OF THIS BOOK growing up and my kids have loved it as well.

Katherine said...

We had that book too! I feel the same way about it. I always thought it was so funny...it still makes me giggle a little just thinking about it. Oh that Grover!!!

ba and the boys said...

favorite book ever! grover was even my imaginary friend growing up!

Maggie said...

So funny.I just read The Monster at the end of this book to Gracie tonight. We love stories.

Angela Jensen said...

Love it! My mom used to read it to me and I read it to my kids.