Monday, August 2, 2010

LP 2010

What can we say but that we love it there?

mini-tubers

snuggling my kids

Grandma Bobbi and baby Sadie

Mason and Stacey

Sweet Caroline

ready to ride

and off they go

climbing and exploring on our beach

Cares and Sadie

cousins in PJs
(you'll never guess who had just eaten a blue lollipop...)

classic Ben and Joe

my dad returning from a swim workout

my little lady adoring her baby cousin

the Allens just before they had to head home

my brother and his family

my parents

my thrill seekers


Tye cutting it up

Joseph wake-boarding

Bentley and Grandpa Sherm

and together in 2005 (it's too fun to post pics of my Bean as such a tiny guy!)

I think we accomplished everything on our "punch list" this year--and even added some fun things like making beaded watchbands, witnessing a glorious lighting storm late Thursday night, Beans and Cares getting up on water-skis (for about 2 seconds total...but still up!), and watching Arrested Development and playing games at night when all the kids were asleep.

We happened to add some not as fun extras such as 3 water violations in one tubing outing on the sea-doo (thankfully only 1 ticket resulted from it) and a slightly sun-burned hubby--that man played endlessly with our babes and they were in heaven (all 3 of them :)

Until next year then. We can't wait!

Oh--and guess who ended up missing us a lot and giving Cec all kinds of grumpiness? She has been the happiest angel baby today and so very thrilled to see her family again. She has not let her siblings out of her sight all day and they are loving it. We all missed her and think she needs to come play with us when we head down next year...2 1/2 is oh so much easier than 1 1/2, right?



5 comments:

Heidi said...

I had not heard about the tickets! uh oh

I thought Max was tons of fun this year and he is not even 2 1/2.

Only what, 360 days until we get to go again?

Anonymous said...

So fun! I love every picture! You guys lived it up for the 3 days you had on the lake and I am so glad.
Is Dad's beard totally white now? I never see him without a fresh shave so those white hairs are such a surprise! Good thing the rest of him still looks so young.

Miss Olivia is a mommy's girl and although I tried my best baby whispering on her, she would not be swayed from her homesickness. I don't blame her...I missed you so much too!

Heidi said...

PS- At first I thought that last picture was of Max on dad's lap from last year. Those boys have some funny similarities.

Krista said...

I love cute cares hair braids in one of your tons of pics. :) looks like a ton of fun with your family. Your kids will remember all these good times. I do from my childhood. I can't believe they tried skiing! good job cares and beans!

Stacey said...

It was such a fun trip. Our family had so much fun hanging out with yours. Can't wait until next year!