Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summed Up

Our weekend:

started with this double rainbow Friday night

included Bentley and Caroline's first soccer games of the season

(I am a bad mom and didn't get any pics of Cares at her very first game! Joseph was filling in as coach and busy with all the kids while I was home with Livs during her nap time. I am sad because my tiny girl even scored her very first goal! She is loving playing this year and you better believe that she is uber-cute all dressed up in her soccer gear and sporting pigtails in her hair--I will get pics next time.)

a long awaited trip to the Copper Mines with Joseph--a very important part of this year's visit


I think we were there on the windiest day of the year--if Liv's stroller didn't have both brakes on the wind handily just rolled it all around

And today Bentley went to work on his Copper Mines gift shop find--a dinosaur skeleton excavation kit. He was completely taken with it and super focused as he worked.


Livs was worn out on our drive home from Nanny's house this evening, but managed to pose so sweetly as she slept.
Joseph emailed me this pic and titled it "Liver Snooze." Cool.

**We also had our master bedroom and bathroom painted this weekend and are still in the process of setting back up. We've started updating our furniture with black paint and new hardware but we've been slow. I hope it will all be done in the next month and then I will feel ready to post pics--right now it is far from done. I still have to hang window treatments back up so I can sleep in there tonight!


4 comments:

Krista said...

cute they are both in soccer. can't wait to see the master.

Bobbi said...

Wish we had known--we could have come to the games. When are they next week? Yay for Caroline scoring a goal! Can't wait to see your bedroom. The rainbows were beautiful, weren't they?

Heidi said...

Double rainbow?! That is reminding me of the video Krisa posted. Hilarious.

I want to see Cares in soccer gear!

Did you paint the master yourself or have it painted? I painted Sadie's room a light green and am ordering a bumper from land of nod. I will post pics when it is all done.

Anonymous said...

How do we pack in so much on the weekends? I always think they are going to be the calm after a crazy week but they are just crazier! Looks like fun though.

And I can't wait to see the bedroom paint color and the refinishing.

Saw the same double rainbow at Eth's football practice Friday night. Beautiful.