Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And She's Off


Caroline started preschool this week and she is loving it. My little girl is quite the socialite but also loves structure and learning. She has 2 great friends in her class (from our little Joy School group last year) and she already loves her teacher. It helps a lot that Miss Angie has a playhouse in her yard and a cat who likes to peek in and see the kids during school--after only 2 days Cares has sure told me a lot about that cat :)

Even though school starts at the early hour of 9:00 am and Cares is quite a sleeper (I had to wake her up by 8:30 today so we could get her dressed and fed), I think this will be the perfect fit for her this year. And if she ends up at the charter school with Bentley next year, it's my last chance to doll her up (uniforms are required at Bean's school.) I plan on doing just that...isn't that what daughters are for?

The first day we dropped Cares off Olivia burst into tears as her big sis ran into school. It was pretty sweet and I know we will miss her while she's gone but Livs and I have big plans for our mornings together. It will be nice to have my baby to myself for a change--and running errands with only 1 child sounds like a piece of cake these days.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Oh she looks so darling and cute olivia crying when she left. Those mornings sound extra nice to run errands and just hang with livs.

ba and the boys said...

adorable!

Heidi said...

Aaw Livs! That must have been what I did too when you went off to preschool. I know it's what I did when you went off to college.

Joseph said...

Heid, and what about when she left to marry me? Fuggetaboudit!

Thanks for loving my wife so much. You're a cute sis.

Anonymous said...

I was cheering when Care left for college because it meant she was going to be by me! You all cried when I left for college and that was a sweet memory.

Cute Caroline on her first day of pre-school. I would be dolling her up as well. It is one thing to send a boy to school in a uniform but I would be super sad doing it to my girl. Except when she is a teenager. Then I am all for the uniforms!!! Enjoy your free mornings with Livs and come play with me.

Bobbi said...

She is a beauty! I'm sure she feels so independent and big girl going to school, so cute that Olivia was sad to have her leave. The time with Livs will be fun for you, though. This makes me think of you in that little pink dress and clogs on Platenstrasse many years ago!