Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st Grade

Bentley was super excited to start school and see his old buddies from Kindergarten.

The report I got from him when we picked him up, "I don't think I like going for the whole day. Tomorrow you should just pick me up at 2:00." It's going to be a tricky transition but he'll get used to it, right?

The girls played together so sweetly all morning. I had to intrude while they were playing "princess sisters" so I could capture their happy game.

I guess princess sisters must wear Baby Legs on their arms

Once Livs went down for a nap in the afternoon Cares and I played Polly Pockets for a bit. After 20 minutes or so Caroline sighed and said "when will Beanie ever be home? I miss him so much!"

When we grabbed our Bentley after school he got two big hugs from his little sisters who were extremely excited to see him. And then he got a big hug from his mama...I may have been pretty excited to see him too.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the girlies playing together on the big girl bed! How great that they have each other with Bean gone all day.

Bentley is a big boy but those first few weeks of 1st grade are wearing on those kiddos. How cute that he wants to be picked up at 2:00.

Heidi said...

Princess sisters! love those little ladies and wish I could play it with them ;-)

Flori said...

yeah, all day school stinks. When I showed Bea the pictures and said, "See, they're playing princess sisters", her reply was, "And their mom died?" (Orphaned princess sisters is my girls FAVORITE game!!)

Bobbi said...

First grade is very long to those little kids. 2:00 sounds better to me, too. So cute that the girls enjoyed each other, and then missed Bean. Ha ha at Flori's comment from Bea--Cecily always played "and our mom is dead" with Tye, which handily left her the oldest and the one in charge.