Saturday, August 21, 2010

Last Days of Summer

Today is officially our last day of summer--how did that happen? I feel like the recent months have just flown right by and suddenly, school is upon us. Knowing our gorgeous summer days were coming to an end, we packed in a lot of fun the past 2 weeks with tons of playdates and August activities:

Incredible Pizza



Discovery Gateway




Cousin playdate at Nanny's

Old friends + kids playdate--
something we have been talking about arranging since May and we finally found a free day!


Herriman High football game last night--
the very first game for our brand new team
(and one of my Mia Maids was performing at half-time so it was fun to go support her!)

Seven Peaks




We loved the water park today. It helped that we got there about 5 mins before they opened and were early enough to get a great shady spot, go on a bunch of slides without any lines, and play in the nearly empty baby/kid pools for a bit. Livs was such a trooper and let us stay for over 3 hours before tiring out (it helps if we just keep feeding her and then she's content).

Bentley's off to 1st grade on Monday...goodbye lovely summer! We have enjoyed you immensely.

3 comments:

Krista said...

you have been so busy!! Good luck starting school again Beans! I can't believe that this summer is over!

Heidi said...

First grade! Wow!

I am still in the phase where summer doesn't end until it gets cold ;-)

I have always wanted to go to that Discovery Gateway place. Maybe next time I am in town.

PS- I think Livs looks like me as a little girl in that picture of her at Discovery Gateway. Or maybe I am just vainly dreaming that I was that cute

Bobbi said...

It looks like you have filled your days well, and made good memories. Back to school--how can it be already? And Bean in first grade, that's crazy. It seems like he was just a toddler a few months ago. Could Olivia be any blonder? Maybe she does look a bit like Heidi! Happy school days!