Friday, August 20, 2010

18 Months



We have arrived at 18 months with our delicious little Livs. I love this age. She's right on the brink of being a delightful talker and animated playmate. And while I am dealing with more tantrums and outbursts these days (something I've grown used to with toddlers who can't communicate everything yet) I am also seeing and hearing her learn so much every day. In the car yesterday she said "Cares" for the first time and the kids and I were so excited about it. "Mama," "Dada," "Na-Na" (used for anything and everything she wants, and "Ba-ba" (meaning "baby" (herself) Beans, bottle and Grandma Bobbi) have been old favorites and in the past month she has added the sweetest version of "hi!" I have ever heard. It makes me happy to know she hears it that way from all of us--she really is still the star around our house and we all get excited to see her when she wakes up from a long nap. We all get excited to put her down for a nap too because when she is done, she is done. Such a sweet age--she still loves going to bed as long as she has her favorite blankie to snuggle.

Olivia is still a total mama's girl. I don't think nursery will work out very well at first but my hubby and I are quite determined to start enjoying church again and we will try our best to help her adjust.

Livs loves to play with her older siblings and is really into sorting things--putting blocks into one tall tower and then back into their basket or taking all the magnet pieces off of Ariel, one at a time, and then placing each one back on. She also loves to snuggle up on my lap for reading but lately she insists on holding books all by herself (she literally peels my fingers off of pages if I try to help hold on). She turns the pages at her own pace--and she is fast. I think it's pretty funny trying to read as much as I can before we're on to the next page. I am a little surprised by Livvie's independence but I think she sees her brother and sister doing so much on their own that she thinks she simply has to do it on her own too.

My 18 month old babe is a shoe-loving girl through and through. She reaches for them first thing out of her crib in the morning and we usually give in and pop on a pair of jellies or crocs right along with her jammies. It's such a cute little sight. She also loves to try any and every shoe on or at least bring ours to us so we will put them on and show her we are wearing them.

I am indulging her cravings--see this pretty new pair? I could not resist them--of all people, I certainly cannot help but buy a girl some sparkly shoes. And shoes are much more practical than a silly little toy, right?

I love this girl so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoe girl...she takes after her mama!

Love that little independent, determined baby girl. We are crazy for trying to shop with the "twins" but anything to get together, right?

Heidi said...

I LOVE that she loves shoes like her mommy. I actually think she is like you in so many ways. Hurray for 18 months and good luck with nursery ;-)

Bobbi said...

She is at a delightful age, my very favorite. 18 months they communicate better and better e very day, and they can really start toshare their personalities. Her "Hi!" is so happy each time she says it. She's smiling more, which is fun for the rest of us, and is a sweet little doll. My mother loved shoes, I love shoes, you love shoes--it must be a genetic trait.

Marianne said...

Love the shoes. Megan just got the same pair last week for her grandma. She couldn't resist. And I have to agree, it is so fun to hear them start talking. Girls are so fun.