Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Friends

"Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel."

~ from Shakespeare's Hamlet


Top Row: Alyson (Gygi) Pugsley, Meagan (Hill) Gilmore, Heidi (Biesinger) Thornley, Heidi (Madsen) Carlston, Angela (Scruggs) Jensen, Katherine (Warner) Winegar
Bottom Row: Emily (Allen) White, Heather (Hughes) Hayes, and moi


Honestly, there is something that I just love about my old friends. Maybe it's that time passes way too quickly between visits and yet, it is always so easy to fall into good conversation. Maybe it's that they still look exactly the same to me--young and beautiful--even though years and years have gone by. Maybe it's that they know me and my roots so well. Maybe it's because of the laughter. And that after 4 hours at dinner we still hadn't had enough time together--so those of us who could escaped up to the cabin for a good old fashioned sleepover (you know--the kind where you only sleep for 4 hours because it's way more fun to stay up late talking and talking and talking.)


I had such a ball with all of them--and always do. It's not that we dwell solely on the past during our time together (although it's very fun to reminisce--especially when there's a detailed video to watch of one of our campouts after freshman year of college...) but more so that we are all moving in the same direction. I am really proud of my friends and the people they have become--and the mothers, wives, teachers, leaders, and neighbors that they are. I love them.

See here and here if you want to hear more (about gatherings in the past). And here and here for more on our most recent night out.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to see all these faces again! Aren't those old friends the best?

Heidi said...

I always think the same thing about your friends- you guys don't age just your clothes change with the times. Sounds like a fun time Care!

Heidi said...

I love that picture where none of us are wearing make up. We look pretty dang good for 30 year olds!!! :) Thanks again, Carrie. I really had so much fun. I love you!!

Bobbi said...

They are fine women and we love them, too. They all look VERY good!