Monday, September 28, 2009

Things

1) Bentley has this whole week off of school. I feel like we need to get out and do fun things. But we didn't go anywhere today (except for some errands with Joe in the evening.) And it honestly felt pretty amazing (to me anyway--I don't know if the kids agree...)

2) My cell phone died on me yesterday--goodbye trusty Razor. I had that thing for exactly 3 years--and in cell phone years that makes it about 75. My new beauty is pictured on the right...nothing fancy for me just yet (meaning "no iPhone")

3) I felt so productive last week--sewing a ton, cleaning and organizing, walking Bentley home from school, running errands, painting shelves and so on. So productive that I gave myself another breast infection. Those things hurt like crazy. But at least I am keen on recognizing the symptoms and calling my "on call doctor" (my wonderfully accessible Dad) for some antibiotics pronto. 48 hours later I am all but cured.

4) I am celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary this weekend. And I am still crazy in love with my husband.

5) I had a lovely Saturday night with my sister and her sister-in-law. We had dinner at the Gateway and then took Trax over to the Conference Center for the Relief Society Broadcast. Singing How Firm a Foundation with that huge congregation and powerful women's choir made my day. I love that hymn.


5 comments:

Heidi said...

I wish I could have come Saturday night!

Ten years- holy cow!!!! What are you guys doing to celebrate?

Bobbi said...

I will have to get Heidi to watch the broadcast with me since I missed it too, but have it on DVR. Do you suppose if we dressed up, went out to dinner, and then watched it, it would be as enjoyable? I hope to feel the Spirit anyway. Glad you 3 girls had a great evening.
I can't believe it has been 10 years,Carrie! Wow! But it is hard to imagine our fam without Joe in it, though. We are happy you found him (or he found you--or RuthAnn did). Happy Anni! And glad you are getting well--those infections are awful.

Flori said...

Gosh, I feel guilty just reading your blog. You have been so busy and productive and here I sit--bloghopping--while our vacation laundry is piled up and our house is a wreck. Oh well. I will be vicariously energized and organized through you. :)

Anonymous said...

Saturday night was a highlight for me. The three of us need to get together more often without the kids! And singing that hymn will always move me now that I have a sweet memory of those primary children singing it in our program. It is a powerful song.

Happy Anniversary on Thursday!!! Seems like your wedding wasn't that long ago but seems like you have been a mom for a long time! Go figure.

And I want to be productive. I may just have to stay in and work on things with the COLD forecast tomorrow...forget fall, that looks like winter with a high of 49!

ba and the boys said...

i hate when technology dies. it is just wrong. i hope you recover quicky...from that and your breast!