Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Driveway

My driveway and I made contact way too many times yesterday. I am hoping that it was just one of those days and not the soon-to-be norm around here...My fascinating schedule:

9:30 Took Cares to preschool
9:35 Came back home (where we'd left our sleeping baby)
11:00 Picked up Cares and headed to Jiffy Lube (yes with all 3 kids--the sleeping baby didn't allow this errand during preschool)
11:50 Came back home and fed the kids lunch
12:15 Drove Bentley to Kindergarten
12:20 Came back home and fed Olivia
12:50 Drove to the Barnes' house and dropped off the girls--went back to the school to volunteer in Bentley's classroom
2:30 Picked up the girls, came back home and fed Olivia
3:25 Picked up Bentley from school
3:35 Came back home
5:25 Drove Bentley and friends to soccer practice
5:30 Came back home

Thankfully, my hubby drives right past the park where Beans has soccer practice so he saves me the drive home on our carpool nights. I was so over my car right around 5:30 last night. And sad that the whole day had slipped away and I hadn't made any progress on my laundry room (a project I started Monday night--got the whole thing cleared out but now everything exists in my hallways. I need to get to the organizing and setting back up part pronto...)

The scarf--my new fall accessory which accompanied me during all the driving yesterday. I am loving the crisp morning air these days...

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute scarf!

You do sound very very busy! Is Barnes the last name of a friend?

Anonymous said...

Those days of in and out and in and out of the car are crazy! Busy times! I am always so grateful when Chad can pick up or drop off one of our carpools. And the advantage to living right by the school is that soccer practices are accessible by my kids so I don't have to drive!

Carrie said...

oh yeah--the Barnes are our friends. Remember Lindsay--Noah and Mason's mama? She and I trade babysitting so we can volunteer at school (even though our boys are at different schools...boo...we are the loners up the charter school :)

Heidi said...

O yes Lindsey....

Bobbi said...

Can the car life be hitting you already?! Crazy, Carrie! The scarf is very cute, I'm sure you looked fab in it while driving and driving.

Krista said...

I just bought a scarf too. I love scarves and that one you bought looks cute too. so, that schedule is too much...I don't know how you do it. I hope it isn't a norm...or you are going to be super duper mom.

ba and the boys said...

love the scarf!
ps-being in the car all day will only get worse. trust me. and i only have 2 kids!