Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Projects

It is National Sewing month after all...

In the works: hooded towels with ribbon detail for all 3 kids and Halloween tutus for my girls.

Mary and Luci are my sewing mentors in these endeavors so wish me luck--they both said these projects were "easy"--and easy for them=quite hard for me (I am still a sewing novice. I almost typed 'savant' right then instead--ha! Wouldn't that be cool...) But I am excited to being sewing again. And to have a spacious and brand new work space in the basement. Have I mentioned that I am love with our new basement?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to sew...let's become good together!
Pool tables are good for so many uses! Who knew?

Heidi said...

You have to post the finished projects now that you have us all excited. Is Cares going to wear her tutu for Halloween too?

Kristin Sokol said...

I'm working on a little ballet/tap bag for my Lyssa to take to her dance class. I can do easy stuff, but not stuff that involves a patterned some actual skill. Please post your finished products. I want to see too.

Krista said...

oh I love projects. Will you please post when you complete them. I want to see them. I'm quite a "savant" myself when I comes to sewing projects. ;)

Bobbi said...

Good projects, Carrie. The skill comes from practice and good teachers. Your aprons were so cute, I am sure you will do a great job on these. Your new basement is a perfect project place, and tv place, and...So glad for you to have it!

Anonymous said...

i love that your pool table is the sewing table... I just saw a really cute girls dress that looks WAY easy to make (I am not using a pattern...) I can't wait to make girl things!!!