Thursday, September 24, 2009

Laundry (and Everything Else) Room

Finally finished up this room late last night (after 10 days of kind of trying to sort of fit in time to get it done). You know how it is--impossible to make any real progress while busy, needy, accident prone (or is that just Cares?) kids are awake.

Bear with me on the before shots--they reveal how scary it was getting in there. But they also show a big change and how open and fresh the room feels now. It helped to actually 1) take DI stuff to the DI, 2) take dry-cleaning to the dry cleaners, and 3) wash the random/oversized items that needed to be washed. Amazing logic there folks, simply amazing...

Before...



After...

The hanging clothes are items that need ironing. And how I do hate ironing. So, I only do the kids' stuff and happily pay someone else to do mine and Joseph's. It's worth it for my sanity.

Before...

After...

A short note on the new shelves: I bought these for my laundry room at IKEA...2 years ago. How has it taken me that long to actually use them??
I stained them myself to match the cabinets in there...and I feel kind of proud of them (cheap, easy, ever so useful shelves that they are :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize those hooks!!! This looks so great and is worth the 10+ days of chaos in your hallway, right? Inspiring...I need to do this same project. But when?

Heidi said...

woohoo- good work Care!

Krista said...

wahhhh. I want a laundry room so fresh and clean as yours. Can we trade? Great job organizing. Don't you love it when it's over. It looks fantastic.

Bobbi said...

It looks great, Carrie! I love projects like this, when they are finally done. Good job on the shelves (even late--I so know the feeling!).