Friday, October 24, 2008

Gathering



I met up with some old, and very dear, friends yesterday. We brought all our crazy kids and had a lovely time wandering around Gardner Village (of course--where else?!) and catching up while the kids entertained each other. I have known these girls for what feels like forever (at least 17 years) and we only manage to get together like this about once a year (if we're lucky). I love the fact that no matter how long it's been, we can easily laugh, talk for hours on end and have so much fun together--even as we trade potty training secrets and discuss the ways our families are growing and changing. I have said it before, but I feel truly blessed to have made such great friends during my jr. high and high school years. We did so many silly things together and always made up outlandish plans. But we also supported each other and really loved each other. It was just 4 of us together yesterday and it made me miss our bigger circle of friends, but time and marriages and jobs and schooling have spread us apart. I felt lucky to have found time with a few of them yesterday :)

All our little ones

The 4 year olds

The 2 year olds


7 comments:

Angela Jensen said...

Awww that looks like fun! I wish I had been there.

Heidi said...

Funny that your kids all fit into the same two age groups. So, I didn't know Emily had a daughter but one look and I knew which one was hers- total twin! Hilarious. You look pretty Care and young and your cheeks are perfectly rosy.

Jess said...

I love that you go to Gardner Village atleast once a week!

Anonymous said...

Gardner Village is so pretty in the fall so you might as well hit it up often!

Fun friends...love to see them all as mothers but yet, they still look the same.

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could have been there too. So fun. 3 of you are pregnant? I couldn't even tell. You all look fabulous! Why am I the only one who gains 50 lbs when pregnant and look like I gained 100??!!

Team Gilmore said...

I wish I could've been there as well. You all look beautiful, 3 of you with that prego glow. I can't believe Alyson's little Hazel - they are identical. We are going to be in town over Thanksgiving though so maybe we could try another meet up then...okay? I love our friends - so crazy has the time has flown. I love this time of our lives though.

Katherine said...

I miss you guys!! I guess by reading all of the comments that everyone is out there still...we'll be in for Thanksgiving as well, let's get together!!! (for real this time. Sorry about our last visit. I Still feel badly that I didn't call...) So fun to see the next generation...BK:G2. :)