Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Dinner, A Date and A Doctor

Those just about sum up our weekend. And it was a crazy one this time around...

1) A Dinner with Mary and Seth. We celebrated Seth's birthday (on Thursday night) with Joseph's impeccably decorated cake, and then played trains...you'd think we are addicted or something :)

2) A Playdate at Discovery Gateway. My mom met us downtown and it was so fun to see her again after her 2 week vacation in Europe. Bentley had the day off of from school so we spent several hours playing. We even got our hubbies to meet us for lunch at CPK and then walk us down to the fountains to see the kiddos let loose.










Joseph and I also had a date night last night and saw The Time Traveler's Wife. Oh, did I love that one--talk about a teary movie! But I cried and cried when I read the book too. I honestly loved the movie adaption which is rare for me. I am usually annoyed with the casting and the many things that are changed from the book version, but that wasn't the case with this show. Maybe because they focused on the love story so fully and seemed to allow all the other characters and events surrounding it to mesh so easily with that main theme.


3) A Doctor. For Cares. Just a few hours ago. And now she is fine and sleeping peacefully. But earlier this evening she and Joseph were dancing around and as he swung her around she suddenly slipped out of his grip and dislocated her elbow joint--a condition known as nursemaid elbow and a frequent thing for kids her age. We knew what it was as soon as it happened (thanks to the same thing happening to my niece Maddie a few years ago) and took her right over to the new clinic near our house so the doctor could pop her arm back into place. Poor little Caresie--she was in so much pain--and the quick fix really hurt her too. But luckily, there is a quick fix and about 3 minutes later she was much much better.

Sweet Bentley watched the doctor pop Cares' arm into place and was a little stunned with how hard she cried right after. The doctor left for a few minutes to let her calm down and Bentley turned to me and said "I just had a few tears when that happened to Cares." He really loves her even if they can really drive each other crazy too. I am happy my girls have such a loving and concerned big brother.

On our way out. See--she is all better!

And that was our weekend...so far anyway. We did get Beatles Rockband--a gift from my parents for my hubby's birthday last month--but it was just released on Wednesday and arrived on our porch Thursday. And it is way cool. Like super duper fun. I need to finish this post and then head to the soundproof basement with Joseph so we can belt out some great tunes and pretend we know how to play the drums and electric guitar. It's good stuff people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Caresie! That is a rough one but thank heavens that it can be fixed so quickly and then feel sooooo much better.
The rest of the weekend sounds great so far. I am sad that I didn't get to meet up with you at Discovery Gateway but it looks like you had fun playmates on that outing! I think purple is the color for Mom...so pretty on her.
Missing you!

Heidi said...

ouch ouch ouch! I can hardly even handle reading about that how can I ever be a mom to hold my child if those things happen? Somehow my husband is really into that kind of thing- i'm going to make him cuddle our kids when that stuff happens. So glad it was a quick fix!

PS- yay for trains and we need to try Beatles Rockband!

Heidi said...

PS- do I spot a cardigan from the Nordstrom sale on you?

Anonymous said...

when Aidan broke his arm--it was just a fracture at the elbow, but the doctor we went to thought we might have pulled it out of the socket (nurses elbow) --even though we told him we didn't, and he tried to put it back in!!!! Poor Aidan was in sooo much pain! No fun, poor Cares!

Krista said...

ouch! that happened to cohen too. she looks way happy afterwards and cute concerned bentley. How was the beatles night? That sounds fun. I need to see that movie too! I'm so excited now.

Bobbi said...

So glad Cares is better. That is such a sudden and surprising little injury and can disrupt the evening, for sure. It happened to Heidi when she was small. We can't wait to play Beatles Rock Band with you! And thanks for the great time at Discovery Gateway--I had so much fun playing all the interesting things with your darling kids. Thanks, Cec, I'll wear purple more often!

Angela Jensen said...

Your kids are too cute! I am loving the CD you sent. You are really the best. Thank You.