Thursday, September 3, 2009

Time for Some Order

After our busy summer I am feeling the pull to get working on my house--to actually stay home more and get things organized and uncluttered before the long months of winter set it. On the agenda:

1) Give-in and unpack our summer swim bag--hang life jackets in the garage, put water toys in the bath-time basket, and store sunblock back in hall closet.

2) Organize my closet. It has been way too long since I last did this. There are lingering maternity clothes which need to be stored away. And I am eager to get out all my warm sweaters and fall clothes in the hopes of temperatures dropping...soon...

3) Work work work on my crazy laundry room. For some reason it has become the go to place for all the random items in my house. As well as the place for all DI donations, the dry cleaning pile, extra paper towels, cleaning supplies, the ironing board...you get the picture. It is a mess and I am finally ready to change that.

4) Work on solids more consistently with Olivia. I know that at this point she is only supposed to be learning how to eat and not really relying on solids for calories--but that fact has made me lazy and I let days lapse without a good high chair feeding.

I am hoping that by posting these ambitions I will really make myself tackle them instead of just sitting on my couch thinking about them :) I better get cracking!


5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oooo I LOVE organizing! I am wishing I had a home to get in order right now...

Anonymous said...

Posting goals is a great way to commit! And how do laundry rooms get so messy? It is a constant work in progress for me.

I am in the same organizing mode and ready to get stuff done in my house now that baby is on a schedule.

Krista said...

sometimes a good list works...I love checking them off too. Good luck with the goals. How is teaching by the way? Oh and after you finish cleaning your laundry room will you come and do mine. I swear there's a dead body hiding in the basement area with the laundry in there...not joking. It stinks so badly down there. Sisi thinks the "orchs" sp? live down there from sleeping beauty. And I didn't tell her that...she made that up on her own. see, very spooky.

Maggie said...

I need to get organized too. It IS hard to be consistent with solids. Hope you are having fun with a busy fall. :)

Bobbi said...

Good luck! I love that feeling of getting organized, and it is a big switch from summer to fall.