Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tagged

Part 1: I only had time to write about one of my kids today in this "8 Things" post. So, here's to my darling, silly boy! Oh, and thanks for the idea Krista--I hadn't been feeling the creative blogging juices as much this week :)

1) Bentley is my little artist. He especially loves to draw anything Joseph has drawn for him to copy. Now, his new thing is using scissors and cutting paper up into teeny tiny bits. He gets totally transfixed and works hard for hours.

2) Ever since Hawaii, Bentley has become quite the snorkeler. It is so fun to take him swimming and just watch him dive for rockets. He looks so content and brave in the water with his mask, snorkel and life jacket on.

3) His nickname has been "Bean" or "Beans" since he was very tiny. When he was a baby we used to swaddle him tight and he looked so much like a little burrito that we started calling him "bean burrito." Beans is just our abbreviation and it has stuck. Every morning Cares wakes up she asks to see "my Daddy" and "my Beanie."

4) I think that after 6 months since starting, Bentley is finally, completely potty trained. He can sleep through the night in his underwear without any accidents and hopefully, we have conquered all his "poop" issues...good times :)

5) Bentley's favorite movies right now are Bee Movie and Madagascar. He laughs out loud while watching them which always cracks me up. He can also quote several lines from Barbie movies since he is definitely more into them than Caroline. A favorite of his: "you blew your chance Romeo..." can you name the movie that's from? :)

6) Bentley loves attending his neighborhood "joy school" preschool. He has 5 little friends whom he adores hanging out with and he has learned so much in the past 7 months. He can recite the "Plegibal Leegiance" (as he calls it ) and trace almost every letter of the alphabet. He is getting excited about a more formal preschool next year which he'll attend with some of the same kids.

7) Bentley loves all things relating to transportation including the huge, loud, army helicopters that fly over our house on their way to Camp Williams and any and all trains we see as we pass under the railroad arch along Bangerter highway.

8) Bentley is a very silly boy and he loves to make us laugh. His favorite trick right now is to change the first letters of words to make them silly i.e. "that's not Grandpa Sherm Cares, it's Bampa Berm." Of course Cares plays the part of a doting little sis and always laughs at him. And sometimes he catches me off guard too. Like when he said the prayer with our home teachers last week and he suddenly pulled this trick. Let's just say we had a serious talk soon after about speaking the Lord's name with reverence and respect. He must take after his uncles (on both sides) and his dad...always trying to get a laugh :)

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Funny Bentley does make us laugh! His artistic talent showed up early at our house when, at 18 months old. he took my basket of sand dollars and made a beautiful design on the floor with them. We love Bean!

Heidi said...

O man I am so laughing right now- Bampa Berm! I just love that kiddo.

Do you remember that you called me Bean a few times when I was little? You used to have a new name for me a week. I think Bean fits Bentley much better than me.

Anonymous said...

Bean cracks me up. My favorite thing is when he acts funny and laughs at himself and his eyes crease into that adorable moon shape. I love that he is very silly and artistic like his dad and very happy and kind like his mom. I have loved him since I was able to witness his entry into this world.

Krista said...

cute. cute. cute. I loved reading this and I laughed at loud a couple times, especially the "you blew your chance romeo." does he say it with the stupid bird accent too? I also laughed about changing up the names. He is so clever! I love that he makes cares laugh too. What a cute little bean he is.