Monday, April 21, 2008

All My Time

The kids have both been marathon nappers lately so I have had a surprising amount of "me" time. Here's what I've done:

1) Made an apron for Heidi's birthday and I'm sending it off to her in the morning (I'll let Heid post a pic of the final product if she wants to :)





2) Read the book These Is My Words and loved it. Those frontier women were some seriously tough girls. I love the main character in the book and her candor, wit, and courage. Plus, there is nothing like a good love story :)







3) Made this yummy recipe--it's easy and tastes very good.

Bruschetta Chicken Bake:

1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 C water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts,
cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 C mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes with their liquid in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic. Stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside. Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with the stuffing mixture. Bake for 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Makes 6 servings.

4) Watched all the great shows that are back on TV. Can I just say once again that I heart 30 Rock. Funniest show ever. Plus, The Office was pretty funny this week (and cute!) and I am loving The Bachelor as always--yay, I get to watch it tonight! Can't wait for new episodes of Lost and Grey's Anatomy on Thursday night.

5) Wrote a letter and an email to Marshall. And if there's any way he gets a chance to check out blogs again I am posting some random cute kids pictures from good old Hawaii :) We love you Marsh!!
Here's to another productive week right?!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oooo I am so excited to see my apron!! Hurray! I want to try that chicken recipe too. I loved The Office this week- Kevin is pretty much my favorite and as long as he is in the episode I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wait, I want nappers! With the kids off-track, I feel like I am getting NOTHING done! I walked around the house today and got super discouraged about the messes that plagued every room and hallway and surface.
You finished the book...we need to discuss!!! Did you love it? I hated leaving that world when I finished and I missed the characters for a few weeks afterwards. Good stuff.
I will try that recipe...sounds good! And I am sure Heid's apron turned out darling. Good for you, enjoying your free time!

Maggie said...

Sounds like you've been getting all sorts of things done. Nice work.

Ruth Ann said...

Carrie,
I loved that book! I listened to the Book on tape and the narrator made it come so alive. I think there is a sequel. I think I will make the chicken for dinner tonight only using turkey since that is what I have thawed. cute kids.

Krista said...

good stuff on this post. thanks for the recipe. I must try it out. I want to read that book too. Maybe I'll listen to it like ruthann did.