Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Princess Parenting Tips

Yesterday, Cares and I were exploring a fun website while "IMing" with Joseph. We told him we were checking out disneyprincess.com and watching an Aurora music video from her Enchanted Tales movie. He checked out the link and told us he thought the "parenting tips" section was pretty funny. I asked him what it said since we hadn't ever looked at it and so he filled us in:

1. Never make your daughter do all the chores while you go to a ball.

2. Never tell your daughter you're ashamed of her, unless she steals your armor and goes off to war.

3. Never invent so many stupid things that you end up getting stranded and locked in a beast's castle, forcing you to sell your daughter for your own freedom.

4. If you are the king of the ocean, never trade your all powerful trident to the sea witch...for anything. Especially if you already have the power to turn your daughter into a human in the first place.

5. Never betrothe your daughter to anyone named "Jafar." "Jeffrey" is ok, but still questionable.

I bet my hubby could have gone on and on but these made my day yesterday so I thought I'd share them. It is quite fabulous to be married to a man who can make me laugh every day. Thanks for the silliness babe :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Wait Joe made those up right? Or was there really a section on parenting tips? Sounds like you guys are on the right track so far to parenting a princess! he he he

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be on guard for any future boyfriends Maddie might bring home named Jafar. And when she steals our armor to sneak off to the war, I will try to be grateful for her willingness to serve our country. Oh the joys of raising a true princess!
Tell Joe that I appreciate his parenting tips :-).

Bobbi said...

Funny Joe, I love his humor! Having had 3 princesses, I can say he was very perceptive. Sherm especially was against "J" named boyfriends, particularly if they could sing, but he came around.

Krista said...

those are awesome. Did Joe have to watch those at work to remember? I can't even remember where jafar is from....hmm I'm guessing aladdin.