Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Winter in April


I feel sad when I look outside and see this in April. Boo. It is no longer welcome. Rain I can take. Rain is even very pretty and very spring-like. But snow is not. In fact, from the time I took this photo, uploaded it and then started writing this entry, things look even worse outside and the grass is slowly fading under the huge blanket of white flakes. Argh. Is it really spring anywhere right now? Maybe in Reno, St George, Phoenix, Virginia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania?

This forecast is all that is keeping me from seriously going crazy. Well, that and my 2 little kids who are both sleeping soundly right now on this freezing, blizzarding day allowing me to blog and email and wash/iron fabric for my newest sewing projects. They're pretty much partners in crime these days and like to do everything together or in the same way. I love how Cares was just resting her little leg on Bentley in this picture while they watched a show and he didn't even mind. Cute.

Once the snow stops I am definitely taking/posting another picture just to document this ridiculous storm. Is it just at my house or is everyone getting hit hard with snow?


***the end result of the storm although I can't complain too much--most of it has already melted away.

8 comments:

Joseph said...

Looks like no one uses chairs at our house... inside or outside.

Heidi said...

Cute Beans and Cares. I love the little siblings. And I can't believe it is snowing there! But things are looking really nice for next week for you at least! We have been having nice weather for a few weeks now but today is grey (just no moisture to go along with it).

Anonymous said...

Bring on the warm weather already!!! That forecast looks divine!

Cute kids having naps on a yucky, winter day~what a nice break for you.

Krista said...

wow! 80 on monday!! I can't believe it. Thanks for the forecast. I am excited for this weekend. It looks like you were hit way harder than us. It was mostly rainy here.

Krista said...

what are your fun new project btw?

Bobbi said...

Snow, snow, go away...I think we are done with it finally. And they promise the plentiful moisture will make Lake Powell rise 50' this summer, so it is worth it! We didn't get any sticking snow either, but flurries and rain all day. Break out those flip flops, girl, summer's coming! What cute little babes :-)

Bobby said...

Yeah, seriously. I was getting ready to move out of Utah. It was so strange because it was so warm for a couple of weeks in March and then we just had a mini winter. All I know is that I'm excited that I can wear shorts again and that St. George won't have the only warm weather in Utah this year.

Bobby said...

P.S. I'm glad that my comment was posted right after Bobbi's.