Friday, April 18, 2008

Playday at Gateway

Another cold day yesterday=finding new ways to entertain our busy children:

An early lunch at CPK--classic Bentley face :)The 3 big boys: Ethan and Will can say almost anything and Bentley will laugh at it.
Sesame Street Bodies exhibit at Discovery Gateway
Sweet--the boys' favorite, silly word displayed all over the place! The kids got a huge kick out of the "gooey insides" part of the exhibit (OK--I did too. I don't have a picture of the Count's Organ Organ but each key played a little song about a specific organ and each was pretty clever--just something about ending a verse in "pee" or "poo" that will always be funny :)
Grover's Dance Party
My kids' favorite DVDs these days: Elmo's World

And finally the construction zone in the main discovery museum. This was by far Bentley's favorite spot and has been since our first visit there last year. He loves to ask me when we're going to "freestyle" so he can play on the construction crane. Don't ask me why he thinks that Discovery Gateway translates to "freestyle..."
We came home, made a delicious dinner (for once this week!) of zucchini bread and bruschetta chicken, and then Bentley had his very first tee-ball practice. I sent Joseph with both of the kids so I could clean up dinner and get some stuff done around the house. We all went to bed exhausted and even Bentley slept in until just before 8:00 am (that is late for him!) All in all--a good, busy day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, these turned out so cute! That was a super fun activity.
Next week, if it is nice, how about the tulips? I am all for wearing my kids out doing stuff like this!

Heidi said...

Fun! I love how Beans is included with the big boys- I bet he loves it! I also love seeing my sis in mini striped leggings and a pink stripe shirt- O wait that is my niece!

Maggie said...

So fun. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Krista said...

we want to go to gateway! I hope you aren't going to be sick of it. I love the pic by the poo. that's funny. sounds like a busy day and yummy food. maybe you'll need to post the recipe on the bruschetta chicken?