Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tagged Part 2

"8 Things" about my sweet, busy, happy, cutie pie Caroline :)

1) We call her "Cares" or "Caresie" most of the time which led to "Caresie Bears." We also call her "LineyBug" "LadyBug", and simply "Lady." She mostly refers to herself as "Caresie" but when she says "Caroline" I absolutely melt--it sounds so sweet and grown-up!

2) My little girl has natural curls in her hair. They are certainly not spiraling, springy curls but soft, light curls that really come out when her hair is wet or it is humid out. They also give her quite stunning "hairdos" when she wakes up and her hair is total fluff.

3) Caroline is quite the little talker lately. She has picked up on many of the things I say to her. For instance, she loves to look at me and say right in a row "I broke it. That's okay." And whenever we teach her something new she says "oh" as if she is really listening and taking it all in. She also likes to say "be all done" when she is finished eating in her high chair. And lately, she has a new favorite phrase, which I'm pretty sure she learned from cousin Maddie, "I need it" with the emphasis on 'need' and said quite coyly. Plus, she will say it until she is actually holding the thing she's asking for. It's awesome and never gets old...

4) Because Cares repeats so much of what we say she has definitely become Beans' 2nd mom. Just today he was getting a quick reprimand and after I told him he needed to stop being rude Cares piped in "rude Beanie" and then later she told him to "be nice."

5) My little lady is quickly falling in love with all things relating to princesses. I love how she calls every princess either "Pincess," "Sleeping Beauty" or "Belle." She also loves animals and can name some pretty advanced ones including goat, rooster, sea lion, and "wonder pets" (aka guinea pigs--do you think we watch too much Nick Jr. at my house?).

6) Cares is a daddy's girl through and through. She turns into the silliest, smiliest thing whenever he gets home from work and she will never let me put her to bed if he is home during bedtime. And every week at church she sits on daddy's lap for about 90% of sacrament meeting.

7) Our new naptime/bedtime routine with Cares includes reading books, doing "rock-ee-bye" and singing in her chair, saying prayers and then laying down in bed. One of her favorite books is her new "flamly book"--a book I made in iPhoto that shows all of Caroline and Bentley's extended family. We sent a picture of her looking at Marshall's page in a letter to him last week since she loves finding the "surfing" picture, among many others.

8) Cares is the queen of saying "cheese" for pictures. She is such a little poser and I truly love her for it :) She is such a fun little daughter who continually keeps me on my toes.

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

We love Caroline! She is a little dolly that melts our hearts, especially since she looks so much like her mom did when she (you) were little. How fun to have our little Care Bear back--with curly hair and quite a zippy little personality.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that pic of Cares and Maddie kissing is too precious! I adore Caresie as well and love that she is a fun playmate for Maddie. They are so cute to watch in their princess world. Sorry about the "I need it" phrase...that one kills me at our house too. I do love that Caresie seems so interested in things you say to her and she is so diligent in responding with her husky sounding "oh" or "yah." Cute litte peanut!!!

Maggie said...

She is so sweet. It's fun to read about all the stuff she is doing. She is growing up so fast.

Heidi said...

I have been a huge fan of "the fluff" since she was born. I also particularly love her scratchy voice. She is such a fun little person that I am so glad to be related to!

Jess said...

I love your darling little Baby Cares too! I love that she is talking and they way she says Porter's name is soo cute! (love wonderpets too!)

Krista said...

I love her husky little voice too. It's super fun that all the little girlies are getting into princess stuff too.