Friday, March 28, 2008

My Birthday

Are you all ready? I am preparing to list all of the reasons why I love myself :) OK --that my be taking it too far... But seriously, I do love birthdays and this year I had a stellar one. I told Joseph that all I wanted was to sleep and I wasn't kidding either (you guys all know how I love it!). Well, my tricky (and very sweet) hubby arranged for the kids to have a special sleepover with Nanny last night so we could grab dinner sans kids and then come home and sleep without our little 3 year old coming in to wake us at 7:00 am. Oh my, I feel like a new lady today with so many hours of sleep and all the time I needed to eat breakfast, get ready and even check some blogs and emails without a child on my lap :) Ruth Ann--thank you so very much for taking the kids!! And to my family and friends--I loved all the emails, messages, phone calls and hugs. I am one spoiled girl. Some other fabulous things that made this birthday so great:

--my new sewing supplies so I can get cracking on more aprons and frilly, little girl skirts
--a new subscription to Domino magazine
--some very cute new clothes from a shopping day with my mom
--my darling new children's book that's all about dance
--Dance Dance Revolution--I honestly have way too much fun playing it and feel like I had my cardio workout for the day afterwards--nerd alert right?!
--a birthday call from Joseph's cute grandma and a card from my sweet grandparents (they make these efforts every year but it truly makes me happy to know they care)
--a birthday card from my dear friend Heather containing 2 notes I wrote to her when we were in Jr. High. I could not stop laughing as I read them and remembered what a silly, boy-crazy, and naive girl I was. I'm so lucky I had such amazing friends back then to bear all the drama of my ridiculous crushes!

6 comments:

Krista said...

cute post! what a nice hubby joseph is. I would love that. It sounds like you had a fantastic b-day.

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday! I told Chad last night though that he shouldn't be keeping Joe from being with you (when they were working online together) since it was your birthday. At least you had Thursday night date night! He is a thoughtful hubby to surprise you with that.
And I am so sorry we couldn't meet up for lunch and shopping. The good news is that Willy is all better today and I am game for shopping time with you this afternoon!

Heidi said...

Care sounds like a great birthday! I love jr high notes that is cool Heather saved those, I did not save any. I love you- Happy birthday!

Bobbi said...

It does sound like a great day. We love you and are glad you came into our lives that March day in Denver so long ago. Happy, happy birthday and wonderful year ahead to you, dear Carrie.

mikemetcalf said...

Happy Birthday! Sleeping in is always a joy, nice one Joe. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with DDR. Sorry for stealing it away from you on select weekdays to feed our halo 3 addiction!

Team Gilmore said...

Happy belated birthday Care!! Sounds like a lot of fun along with some sleeping enjoyment (always nice). Sounds like you were well taken care of. It's a bit scary how we're all nearing 30 - eek!