Friday, April 11, 2008

A Good Cry

Last spring, Cec told me about a blog that had captured her heart. As she told me of the darling family she'd been reading about, and mom in particular (the writer of the blog), her eyes filled with tears. She went on to explain that the mother was dealing with the sudden loss of her "superprincess" daughter while still filling the roles of mommy to 3 other kids and wife to her dear husband. I knew I wanted to read that blog and as soon as my kids were asleep that day, I found it and dove in. I cried for an hour, not only because the posts were heart-breaking, but because they were so real, so beautifully written, and so full of raw emotion. The woman who writes the blog just also happens to be a stellar photographer so her words combined with her images really spoke to me.

Just this week I realized I hadn't seen that blog in ages and I wanted to check in again. And here I am, crying again because the latest entries are as tender and heartfelt as ever. If any of you have a chance, I recommend reading this lovely little blog. Be prepared--you may need some tissues and you may need an hour or 2 to read on and on if you can but I think your spirit will feel more full and more grateful because you did so. I love good writing that can remind me how lucky I am to be a mommy and have the chance every day to kiss my children's heads and feel their wild hair on my face, smell their freshly bathed bodies, dress my lady like a little princess and cuddle with my sweet boy when he is cold in the mornings, and tell them both, face to face, that I love them as they sit perched in my lap. Click here to read this fabulous blog and scroll way down until the Feb. 16th, 2007 entry to see where it all begins. Happy reading :) and let me know what you think...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found the blog...I have it bookmarked and I check it about once a week. Her images are endearing and the ones of her dear Ava are painfully beautiful. I have truly thought of Sheye in my darkest of moments, when I am struggling to find patience with my children, and this simple remembrance helps me take a deep breath and turn to the beauty of motherhood. I pray that I will never have to relate to Sheye's experience. She reminds me of myself though and I know her words would lift me if I ever had to endure such a painful tragedy. Glad you could have a good cry today. I find them so cleansing.

Heidi said...

I had a good cry today and all I did was watch Baby Story on TLC! ha ha ha.

I read that blog a while back I think Cec told me about it. I have kind of forgotten about it though. Maybe sometime I will have to catch back up on it.

Krista said...

This is a beautiful blog. I'm glad you shared it. I have gotten teary several times. Mostly, I don't want to have regrets. I want to remember what really is important and having my kids wear the perfect outfit (when sis wants to wear what she wants), or having a clean house instead of giving some good quality time is what is really important for me.
I like this thought from one of her entries when she was missing ava.

"I was feeling very sad so got up and went outside when out of nowhere this little girl came straight up to me and handed me a little bunch of flowers. She didn't say anything while I took them and tried not to cry."

"That little girl may never know just what her gift means to me. I wish I could make them last forever but knowing I can't, I've done the next best thing and photographed them. Aren't they just beautiful?"

I think something profound from that last paragraph..."I wish I could make them last forever, but knowing that I can't..."

Life is always in motion. Enjoy/cherish what little time that you do have.