Thursday, October 13, 2011

Slow Week

I feel like it has been a slow week but then again, a slow week in our busy lives is a rather relative word. Maybe it has been slow because I fit in an afternoon nap on both Monday and Tuesday--napping in a house that is perfectly quiet is such an indulgence in my life and it's hard to pass up when the big kids are schooling and Livs is snoozing too...

But we are full to the brim with daily homework, swimming lessons 3 days this week, a special Kindergarten night up at the school tonight, party-planning, carpooling, YW, costume making and meal prep. Not really so slow after all.

Yesterday I decided not to nap and instead did research on some Christmas gifts I am hoping to make and give this year. I found myself completely sucked into the worlds of Pinterest and Etsy for over an hour. My head was spinning with ideas and plans and images at the end of it all but it was great fun and so motivating. I didn't realize I would feel so inspired to better meal plan, organize my house one space at a time,  AND create some darling homemade gifts. Who knows if this will really happen but get me to IKEA already--I have closets to arrange and projects to get working on!

Our weekend is shaping up to be a whirlwind--which I actually kind of love this time of year. Today my sister and I were stuffing a pinata for our Smith Halloween party coming up on Saturday (remember here and here). Should be a great event except that I haven't made any costume plans for myself. Could I just wear a muumuu and call it a day?

Love this photo from Gardner the other night...




3 comments:

Heidi said...

What is the piƱata in the shape of?

What are the homemde costumes?

Bobbi said...

Looking forward to the party. It was fun to see the old pics, too. I like this tradition of the grandparents' party on a lovely fall day before the real Halloween madness hits. Thanks for getting the pinata ready--see you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I am excited about it too! Should be a fun party.

I have grand plans about costumes and decor and treats but who knows how much I will get to. Better get on it right now and quit reading blogs :-).