Thursday, October 27, 2011

Writing the Everyday

“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

I borrowed this quote from a CJane post the other day. It spoke to me right when I read it and made me feel like my blog may have more merit than I think, even if it is simply a record of my day to day. It also gave me the desire to take a little more time on the things I write--to add that spark of creativity when I post actual writing (and not just an onslaught of photos). One of the reasons I read CJane's blog is because she captures the everyday so well with her unique yet natural writing style. Nothing is trite, overdone or too colloquial and I appreciate how she weaves a brief yet interesting story. I am sure I haven't honed my own style quite yet (or at least one that I am keen on) but it is a goal for sometime in this life of mine.

And with that, images of our everyday around here--not that we make caramel apples everyday...but we should! They are so much tastier that way. I have only ever had one truly divine caramel apple and it was from V Chocolates.


the little lady we lovingly refer to as "Justice Beaver" in pics like this
(random joke from an episode of The Office last season--basically her swooped over hair just makes us laugh. And she really won't let me do anything else. Hopefully one day she'll decide she likes it in clips and ponies and braids, and I will be a very pleased Mommy).

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

I like that quote a lot. And I like reading your blog. You are a good writer.(All of my children are fine writers!) Not everything inspires (or requires) eloquence! Just news is a pleasure, too. Thanks for sharing your life with all of us.

Heidi said...

Livs hair is too great, so unique.

I hope I can capture the everyday of my life without being a great/witty/eloquent writer.

Anonymous said...

This is a great reminder to just record the news, big and small.

Love Justice Beaver.