Monday, October 25, 2010

Spooky Smiths

Year 2 of our annual celebration:

Skeleton cupcakes, spooky candies, and creature chips and dip

all the boy cousins:
Lion, 007, builder, Buzz, cow and Percy Jackson
(We had all the grandkids together! Tye and Stacey even got to join us--in part so we could celebrate Mason's 1st birthday too)

all the girl cousins:
BYU cheerleader, piggie, black cat and pink poodle (who was not into her costume at all)


Maddie and Cares sipping up Boo-Nilla shakes

Our "wagon" ride (towed around by my Dad's car)
(the rain broke just in time for us to enjoy a crisp, clear ride through the neighborhood)

Heid's family

Cec's family

cutie pie girls

a little pumpkin bowling

matching sparkly girls


And, because I basically have no shame (and apparently get a big kick out of myself)
pictures of me from Saturday night:


What? Isn't this what you're supposed to wear to aerobics class? Those neon blue hot pants and pink tights are directly from my mom's dress-ups box...so somebody in my family (Cecily) actually wore them to workout in back in the day. Totally awesome.


I was really into stretching Saturday night...I guess I couldn't get enough of it. It must have been the leg warmers...















My favorite quotes from Bentley that night: "Mom, you're wearing Dad's belt!" and "My mom is dressed up as a fashion girl." He's funny...





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pure 80s awesomeness. How I miss dressing up like that to work out.

Such a fun party! I wish we could have all the kiddos together every year. Although I doubt Eth will be dressing up too much longer...sigh. I will miss those days but good thing I have two more little boys to wear all those costumes over the next several years.

Marianne said...

That is AWESOME!Love the 80's garb. I am having flashbacks of
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Heidi said...

Joe's belt huh? I'd sure like to see Joe wearing that

Loved your shakes and the chips too. I want to copy that idea for every holiday ;-)

Stacey said...

It was such a fun party! I am so glad we could join you. Thanks for adding Mason's celebration to it all, he absolutely loved the song and cupcake.
Your costume was awesome! Haven't the 80s made a comeback? You could wear that to workout today.

Carrie said...

Marianne, I didn't know what that was until Joe told me it was an old movie. I am dying that you even know what this is!

Check it out here

Bobbi said...

It was a fun party--cute kids, fun games, good food. And sweet aerobics gear! Aren't you guys glad I save everything?!

Krista said...

oh my gosh you are making me laugh. i love it. what a hottie!

Mariposa said...

jealous. do you work out?? My friend sophia was going to wear that be-zact outfit at our ward trunk or treat but then fretted that people would think she was weird if she was wearing her g-s. so she tried it on WITH them and then realized she was actually just worried about people seeing her butt. :) she's going as a flapper girl instead. :)