Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Randoms

--I am down to double digits left in this pregnancy--hallelujah!

--Both of my big kids loaded on buses today for fun field trips: Cares to Discovery Gateway and Bentley to This is the Place Heritage Park.

--My sweet mother-in-law called Joseph last Thursday and offered to babysit for an anniversary date that night since she was busy later in the weekend but wanted us to have a special night out anyway. It's easy to take up an offer like that so we celebrated by eating pizza benders at Italian Village and finally seeing the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie at the dollar movies. Any date night away from normal life is a good one.

--Christmas shopping is in full force around here as we may be distracted with other things come December...and I like to be on top of stuff anyway (although this is still pretty early for me). Luckily, I still have 3 little children who are easy to please and love very budget friendly gifts. Another year without a Wii or Xbox Kinect is a happy thing in my world--don't know how long we'll last though.

--My hubby made his very own "to do list" for October and asked me what I needed to add to it...I am still a little speechless over that...but thrilled!

--We have been eating pears from a local orchard and we are cruising through them (actually, how local is that orchard Cec?) Anyway, they are juicy and soft and delicious. How many can I eat in one day without, shall we say "digestive" side-effects?

--Cold weather is finally coming--yes, please. Today another pregnant mom and I walked into the cold dairy room at Costco to grab some milk. Livs shuddered, I sighed with relief and the other mom said to me "doesn't it feel so good in here?" Too true!

5 comments:

Joseph said...

Sounds like we need one of those rooms in our house.

Heidi said...

What kinds of things are on Joe's to do list? Fun October things or honey-do type things?

Bobbi said...

Sweet Joseph! You are a lucky woman.
The pears are delish, I agree. I think the cool weather is here to stay, so that will feel good to you.

Anonymous said...

I need to do posts like this...the little glimpses into your everyday life are so memorable.
I want to know what is on the October list too!
Cute Ruth Ann calling to babysit...I agree that any date night is awesome.
Thanks for playing today! I can't come meet you and mom tomorrow but I will see you Thursday.

Flori said...

Can't remember if you guys like stinky cheese. Okay, well I'm sure Joseph does, but not sure how you feel...but a little gorgonzola cheese on a fresh pear is the BEST!!