Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


 Halloween 2011—my trio of costumed cuties

The LeBaron family held a party at Nanny and Grandpa's last night. I wasn't feeling too festive and opted out of the costume part of things--but then I could take lots of group pictures!
These LeBaron cousins are all very close in age and totally hyper together, but they truly have tons of fun. At one point last night they were all outside on Nanny's swingset, playing in their costumes and cute Porter, swinging on his belly as the super hero he was, slid right off his swing and face-planted on the hard ground. He was rather swollen and bloody for the rest of the night but pulled it together for some donut-on-a-string fun:
We also spent the night creating a bunch of delicious homemade pizzas while Joseph helped the kids decorate caramel apples. He also worked hard on both Saturday and Sunday to bring these beauties to the party:
Jell-O worms
my hubby is a sucker for these kind of gross treats

Today the kids wore costumes to school and had parades through all the classrooms. Bentley's parade (with the whole elementary) was really early this morning, before Cares had even woken up, so I had to miss out on seeing him. I feel bad about not being there, but I don't think he cared much about it (I hope).  I did make Livs skip naptime so we could at least be at the school for Caroline's PM Kindergarten parade. It was over in all of 2 seconds but then we grabbed the kids a bit early and avoided the end of school rush.
And then it was a crazy afternoon with 3 wild kids who were dying to just get out and trick-or-treat already. It's always nice to kill some time with an evening photo shoot before they let loose. Joseph took all 3 kids for about 30 mins and then Olivia was chilled and happy to come inside and help me hand out treats.
sweet Tiana and her frog prince 
daring, darling Hermione

 Bentley the bat caught in flight

 All are now slumbering away and I'm certain I will follow shortly. Goodbye October!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

elementary schools here don't do halloween parades or even let kids dress up for school. crazy huh?

Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Such fun to have so many LeB cousins to do a party with.

No parades for us since we are off-track but the throw-ups would have kept us home anyway.

Adorable kiddos and costumes.

Krista said...

Fun Halloween. I do miss those family parties! I love the kids costumes too. Bat wings look fab.

Lizzy said...

We love that Joe loves slimy worms! Your kids are getting so big. Especially little Livs. They are darling!