Saturday, October 22, 2011

Afternoon in Zion

We are in St George for fall break (with most of Salt Lake valley :) and enjoying lazy mornings and lots of sunshine and outdoor play. We even stole the older Horsley cousins away and brought them with us. Makes for a lot of laughter and busy cousin time which my kids are enjoying immensely.

Yesterday, in the late afternoon, we drove over to Zion for a fun hike and dinner in Springdale. It was still surprisingly busy at the park (for October) but as gorgeous as ever.


Despite being less than prepared on our actual hike (battery was dead in my camera, we ditched the sweatshirts as we dashed to catch the shuttle up the canyon, I stuffed way too much in my pockets--made me look so odd on every picture...) we had a lovely time walking along the river and enjoying the beautiful scenery. While playing along the riverbed we happened upon a huge tarantula. Freakiest thing ever. Joseph asked me later how I didn't fall apart screaming and crying (which I really wanted to do) and I told him I was a mom and couldn't risk being a mess so the kids would feel safe. I am one tough mama, no? :) And we do have pics of the spider but they gross me out and I don't know if I can post them...

 



 My hubby flew down to join us yesterday
 which I am thrilled about. I think the ratio of 4 parents to 6 kids feels just about right :)











Bentley thoroughly enjoying his BBQ rib dinner at Oscar's (he split a full-rack with me--yummy). BTW--what are your thoughts on the name Oscar for baby boy? I most likely won't use it since I already have an Olivia, but I am thinking it's a cute little name.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Gorgeous Zion! Funny black sock tourists (in pic with Livs). Yummy BBQ. Fun cousin time. Sounds just about perfect!

Anonymous said...

It does sound perfect! I do wish I could have pulled it off but there was just too much going on this month to try to squeeze another trip in. Thank you for taking the big kids...looks like they are having a great time!

I want to see pics of the tarantula!!!