Monday, October 3, 2011

October


 I adore this month: celebrating my marriage, enjoying the gorgeous fall colors all around, and settling in for so many words of hope, of love and truth during General Conference. We had an amazing weekend enjoying it all.

We started our Saturday in Park City for an Apline Slide adventure. Some views from the lift:

 My tiny girl--not quite sure what she was in for, but happy to snuggle her daddy

Big kids riding up with Grandma and Grandpa


All ready to ride. I am still amazed that Bentley ended up going all by himself, while Joseph hopped on behind Cares. See that smile/look of concern on her face? She honestly thought we might just push her down all on her own. But of course she ended up loving the ride with all her heart.


 The whole crew back at the bottom. Livs and I rode together and she clung to my arms for dear life. When we got to the last stretch and we saw the kids she finally spoke and said "we made it!" She is such a good sport.

Then it was on to the cabin...so glorious up there!


An afternoon stroll between sessions yesterday:


I finally feel like I got to watch and listen to all 4 sessions of conference this year without much interruption from my kiddos. They have arrived at such lovely ages :) But being at the cabin helped immensely. They played beautifully with all the fun puzzles, colored and did art with fun Halloween stickers, ran upstairs and disappeared playing with little critters and on the bunk beds, ran downstairs and played Playmobile, bounced on the old rodeo horse and enjoyed the novelty of the massage chair.

I am so grateful for the messages shared this weekend, for Elder Anderson reminding me how precious and powerful my role as a mother is, for President Monson and his endearing personality and timeless stories, for Elder Packer reminding the youth how to be safe and pure and to heed the warnings they've been promised, for Sister Dalton and her loving instructions for fathers of daughters (I felt especially lucky to reach over and find my own dad and hug him tightly after such a tender talk). It was, as always, filling to my soul.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I am sure if my kids had been at the cabin and had fun cousin playmates then I would have heard a word or two of conference. Unfortunately we didn't have either of those things. Actually I did hear one full talk and when I found my kids they were SHREDDING DIAPERS into a million pieces. Sigh. I miss the days when GC was such a spiritual, filling weekend. Glad to hear it might not be that far off for me since you seem to have it back...

Cabin pics are gorgeous!! And loving the alpine slide adventure and Livs funny comment.

Anonymous said...

Loving the fall colors at the cabin!

I still have to catch up on the GC talks from yesterday afternoon (we were headed to the airport) and a then review the other sessions that I was in and out of. I am excited to review and learn what those great men and women prepared for us to hear.

Krista said...

Wow!!!! So gorgeous up there. Love the beautiful fall pictures and the alpine slide looks like a blast. Now did you go on a ride too? :)

Bobbi said...

It was a beautiful week-end in every way: the leaves, the talks, and the fun with all of you. The kids were remarkably brave on the Alpine Slide, and energetic little fishes in the hot tub. We loved being with you all.

Flori said...

I know--such a good GC wasn't it? Our girls got along well all weekend and it was so pretty here too. I was so sad for Monday to come because we just had the NICEST weekend and I felt filled and refreshed (and wanted it to keep going!)