Saturday, October 1, 2011

12 Years


I have been thinking about marriage so much lately with my own anniversary looming, 2 back to back lessons I taught the YW about dating and marriage decisions, a wedding to attend last weekend, and talking with my darling brother-in-law who has been in town and pondering marriage himself.

And all of these experiences, lessons, and discussions have only made me feel so lucky, so content and so very grateful that I married my Joseph. It truly came down to fasting and praying together and feeling so much peace and joy that I thought my heart might overflow. I felt so young and like we had all the time in the world to figure things out--why rush into marriage? But I knew I loved him; loved him for his genuine goodness, his solid testimony and the ways he faithfully honored his priesthood, his love for his family, his creativity, his work ethic and career goals, his unbelievable singing voice and the songs he wrote and sang for me, his long tall frame and darling curls, and the love he showed me.

And on top of all that he made me incredibly happy. We laughed together all the time (as our wedding pictures document well :) and just got each other so well. I was always smiling when I was with him and that kind of joy seems like a rare find. How could I not marry this man?


Joseph continues to be all that I ever needed and now that we have our sweet children in our family I have realized even more so how perfect of a partner he is for me. After 12 years we are still completely in love. Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys were the cheesiest engaged couple ever! It couldn't have been any other way. You really are a great match. Happy anni!

Flori said...

Carrie--loved this post after the conference talk today about not waiting to get married and start a family. I am glad you joined our family and so thankful too that your marriage is a happy one!

Bobbi said...

We are eternally grateful that you married Joseph, too (even though it was hard to let you get married so young). He takes good care of you and your children, and he makes me laugh, too.

Bobbi said...

It has been such a delight to be with your family this weekend. At least I had someone to go to priesthood with me, so thanks to Joseph too. Your children are adorable, and you and Joseph complement each other nicely.
What a good thing you did marry him.
Happy Anniversary.
Dad

Anonymous said...

So glad you both moved past Sherm's advice (or flat out rejection if we are going to be honest:-)) and found true love. Love you both together...Happy Anniversary!

Krista said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so happy to see you guys still so in love and happy. It's fun to see wedding pics too.