Friday, April 29, 2011

Yesterday Was...

...not the best of days. For 2 reasons, really.

1st, Bentley called me from school around 1:00 with so many tears he could hardly speak. His teacher told me had been miserable all day with a headache and when I gathered him up to bring him home all he wanted to do was snuggle his blankie and go to bed. After a 2.5 hour nap he came to find me and was burning up. Poor little boy. Thank goodness for Children's Motrin and for hot rice bags to help ease his chills when they hit him off and on in the evening. We are skipping out on the 1st grade fieldtrip to Red Butte as he was running a temp of 101 again this morning. I will have to take him up there on a beautiful summer day instead...

2nd, my trusty Acura didn't pass emissions testing because the transmission is on its way out. And yesterday we found out it will cost (gulp) $4500 to replace it. Now we are forced to get more estimates, research auto repair insurance, and look into trading it in for something else. It all just sounds so stressful and expensive and not at all what I had planned on doing this weekend.

Today needs to be better, to offer better news and brighter outcomes. 2 happy things of note already:

1) I finished a truly beloved novel in the early hours of the morning since my baby decided to start her day at 6:30 am. She watched Dora and I read the last few chapters of Jane Eyre. I love that book so much. The language, the description of the English countryside, the mystery and suspense, the heartache, and surely the truest and most endearing description of love. I cried more than once during Jane's journey and feel more enchanted with the story than I ever did as a teenager (but I was quite taken with it then too).

2) Wills and Kate--now officially Princess Catherine and Prince William. Trite and removed as they are, it's still a lovely real-life fairytale. Caroline was in awe that Prince William could marry anyone he chose and that Kate was never a princess until today.



6 comments:

Heidi said...

Already watched the royal wedding twice- LOVE it! So wish I was there. And did you see him mouth "you look...beautiful" to her at the altar! Yay, such a fun real-life fairytale

Heidi said...

Oh and sorry about Beans and your car.

Bobbi said...

Those are 2 sad things and 2 good things. Loves to Bean, and good luck with the car (I still have affection for that car, one of my favorite vehicles of my life). I will read Jane Eyre when I get it back from you. As for the prince and his new princess, perhaps they will live happily ever after. They seem to have a genuine love for each other. I do wish them well.

Anonymous said...

Poor sick Bean. I hope he recovers quickly!
We had sick kids with throw ups and fevers this week and it was rough. Waste of 24 hours on vacation but at least we were in such great accommodations with grandparents to help out!
Loved the wedding. How I miss London too. And Jane is on my list of books to read this summer. Love that story.

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the car too! But you are going to need a bigger one eventually so maybe it is finally time.

Megan B ♥ said...

Sigh.... Jane Eyre... I too love that book so much. Such a treasure.