Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Temple FHE

Following President Monson's counsel, we read some sections of his talk from conference for FHE last night and then snuggled around my laptop and looked through our pictures from visiting various temples so the kids could each choose one to hang in their rooms.

Bentley's


Caroline's


Olivia's


From President Monson:

To you parents of young children, may I share with you some sage advice from President Spencer W. Kimball. Said he: “It would be a fine thing if … parents would have in every bedroom in their house a picture of the temple so [their children] from the time [they are] infant[s] could look at the picture every day [until] it becomes a part of [their lives]. When [they reach] the age that [they need] to make [the] very important decision [concerning going to the temple], it will have already been made."


Our children sing in Primary:


I love to see the temple.

I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;

I'll promise to obey.


I plead with you to teach your children of the temple’s importance.


The world can be a challenging and difficult place in which to live. We are often surrounded by that which would drag us down. As you and I go to the holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation. In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace; we will be renewed and fortified.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! I thought about getting a picture but I think letting my kids choose one out from our family photos is so much more meaningful! Thanks for the tip.

Bobbi said...

Great idea, Carrie, and I like the personalization of them being in the picture. Every piece of armor you can give them is needed protection.

Heidi said...

Whoa a little Cares!

You guys have some great pics to choose from. I also like that they are personal for the kids, I was just thinking of buying pics for my kids rooms.

Flori said...

I love this idea. We are going to the Atlanta temple open house next week and will have to take some pictures. I am so excited that the kids will be able to walk through what will be "our" temple before it is rededicated.

Krista said...

So sweet. I really like this idea too.
And cares looks so sweet.