Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Egg Hunt and a Hike

Our Easter Saturday:
The early morning egg hunt.
Max, Olivia and Bentley had been waiting for hours already! We finally woke miss Caroline up right around 9:00 so the kids could head out together.
I love her sweet morning eyes--that girl can sleep!


Olivia's first "real" egg hunt (which she adored...who wouldn't though, right?!)


Livs was explaining that she had found "2, 3, 2, 3 eggs."




Our Little Snow Canyon Hike:
Livs and my dad using his new backpack.

Before the hike my dad was getting excited about buying his own grandchild toting backpack. I told him to look somewhere like Babies R Us rather than REI or an outdoors store because the prices would be better at a baby supply store. His response (classically my dad) "but why would I want a backpack from a baby store and not REI?" So true. So true. He ended up with a stellar pack--and happily carried Livs so he could test out his purchase!



Wildflowers in the desert

My cute posing girl

Not my favorite picture of me...but I sure love my little family
(and that they enjoy outdoor adventures with me)

Lava tube explorers (just like last year).

The rest of the day was spent at the pool (Joseph and the big kids with Heid and Max and Grandpa), reading in the backyard while babies slept (moi), a delicious dinner out on the patio enjoying our last night of vacation, and Heidi schooling everyone in Mormon Bridge late at night.



2 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't even know how to play Rook sis, you mean Mormon Bridge!

This post just made me think of Olivia's cute voice and phrases and miss your family lots...

Anonymous said...

Classic dad story! Fun egg hunt.