Friday, April 15, 2011

New in Livs' Room

The gilder we have had since baby Bentley arrived:

pictured in its butter cream glory with my tiny 2 year-old Cares back in 2008

The glider after a colorful update
(my amazing birthday gift from my parents):

All I had to do was choose out the fabrics, drop off my old cushions and let Calico Corners handle the rest.


I love this striped trim and bought extra fabric to make a small lumbar pillow for the rocker (haven't made it yet because I want it to look really good...and I have never sewed a pillow with a zipper before...daunting).

Thank you mom and dad--I love my "new" glider!




8 comments:

Heidi said...

I dream daily of giving my glider a facelift! So cute Care.

Bobbi said...

It's vibrant, cheery, and appealing. Great choice of fabrics, Carrie. You are welcome! BTW, I made it to Cal. Corners to get your old yellow stuff at 5:07. They closed at 5. Boo.

Krista said...

So fun. It looks fabulous!

Bobbi said...

You will continue to be such a loving mother in the confines of that chair rocking your little ones for comfort or to go to sleep. I love your color selection and the trim. Let us know when you complete the lumbar pillow, so your sewing skills can be appreciated. Love you, Dad

Anonymous said...

So cheerful in your room! What a fun birthday gift.

Flori said...

That is awesome fabric--I love it! I will send you a link to a good zipper pillow tutorial. Also a skirt I tried (with a zipper). I am wearing it today and it turned out great. I still get afraid of zippers sometimes.

Maggie said...

Looks great. I love it.

Megan B ♥ said...

GASP! I have just such a chair that needs just such a makeover. I need to look into this magical Calico Corners!