Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Birthday and a Playdate

Last year I was such a ninny-muggins about my birthday--where was my positivity that day? This year it was a truly wonderful day. It helped a ton that we had just gotten home from a fun vacation and those memories were fresh and happy in my mind. When my birthday arrived on Monday, I took things super slow and stayed in my PJs until noon, had yummy leftovers from the birthday dinner Ruth Ann made on Sunday, fit in a good run on the treadmill while Livs napped, and enjoyed family time that night.

dinner at La Hacienda with the fam
(Joseph took the pic and my dad had to dart out early to take care of a patient)

Birthday flowers from Joseph (sitting on my new oil cloth tablecloth from my in-laws)

I am so grateful for my family and friends, for special phone calls, kind emails, a few text messages and lots of Facebook greetings that day. Those gestures really add up and made me feel quite loved on my birthday. It was a very good day (even if it did snow :)

By the end of the week however, spring decided to arrive and the kids and I have been outside enjoying it as much as we can (new storms are rolling in tomorrow, of course). On Friday, Bentley had a free day (PT conf. at school) so we met up with Cec for a park playdate.





Bentley and Cares were the only big kids there so they happily helped out with Livs and Connor. My kids slept so soundly last night after a full day of playing outside. Love these glimpses of spring!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize until last night that I got sunburned on my cheeks and nose from the park! Wow. I can't complain though...this weather feels so good.

Your birthday dinner was fun and we are glad we could celebrate with you! Love you so much.

Heidi said...

Fun tablecloth!

Where is my spring? Oh well we still have been playing outside everyday and freezing our bums off.

Glad you had a good birthday sis!

Angela Jensen said...

Haha, you cotton headed ninny muggins. I love it. Happy Birthday.

Bobbi said...

It was fun to be with you on your birthday and celebrate the blessing you are in our family. Glad you had a good day. I love you!