Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easter Egg Trees


For FHE last night, we had a little lesson on Easter. Joseph helped the kids think of many reasons why an egg is symbol of that holiday (it holds new life, is pure white like the Savior, it symbolizes going from darkness to light...)

Then we created our own paper egg ornaments to hang on craft trees as decoration around our house (and hopefully a little reminder of what Easter is all about). I borrowed the paper egg ornament idea from my sis--such an easy craft for small kids and so colorful in the end.

the aftermath last night (but how we do love crafting around here!)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out so cute! Glad we could provide some inspiration for a fun craft...Maddie loved it and I had fun doing it with her.

It has been so long since I have been creative. SO SO long. But I guess I have been creating in the most fulfilling and important way for the past year. I just need to enjoy it and get back to the other stuff over time.

Krista said...

so cute!! I love this idea. We may need to try it.

Heidi said...

Where did you get the little planters or did you assemble them yourself? Such a cute idea.

Bobbi said...

Very cute, and a good way to incorporate the egg idea into a reminder of the true meaning of Easter.