Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Weeks

30 Weeks
love this little graphic from similac

At the beginning of this pregnancy I felt like these last weeks were an eternity away. And yet, the days kept passing, one by one, family vacations came and went, big events kept occurring and suddenly, I find myself in my 3rd trimester. Blessedly, in my 3rd trimester I might add. While I am in no way prepared for an actual baby in my house just yet, I am feeling really pregnant and really ready for this long, long process to come to an end.

This is the first pregnancy where I haven't signed up for regular emails about baby's growth and health while inside of me. So if I am feeling curious, I check-out baby websites to see where things are. It's funny to me how focused I was on any and all information I could get while pregnant with Bentley and now, I think I am just too involved and too immersed in actually being a mom and taking care of my family to even think about how the new fingernails or brain folds are forming in my womb. But it is all still quite miraculous. I find myself catching my breath when I truly think about all I am doing for this tiny one each day.

I just sang Whenever I Hear the Song of a Bird to Livs before her nap today. She was snuggled up on my shoulder and I was playing with her hair (as I always do) as I sang to her. My heart felt so happy singing about the Lord's creations while beholding His most beautiful creation of all. I am honored and so grateful to be a part of His plan as a mother. And I wonder how many more weeks will pass before I meet my newest creation...

4 comments:

Krista said...

That was super sweet to think of you singing to Liv's and thinking of new baby. I agree I didn't sign up with my email this time around and I have to go searching every now and again and find out how far along I am and what's going on. :) It is fun to see but I hear you on just running around too and keeping up with the kids.

Anonymous said...

I so relate to this! This sweet baby is lucky to be coming to your family and I know you are all anxious to meet him and care for him. Maybe he will be your first to hang out in there for as long as possible!

Bobbi said...

A tender moment to share with us--thank you! The work of raising children does certainly take over one's life. 30 weeks, almost done (in the big picture of a whole pregnancy).I hope he takes a little longer to get here than your others, but we are excited to meet him whenever he arrives.

Heidi said...

Maybe he will be like his bro and take a little longer than the girls, maybe not. I'd of course love to meet him when I am in town ;-)

That song is the best, I get emotional when I sing it to my babies too.

I still get the baby center updates on both my kids! Sadie's I usually skim over but Max's is way helpful. He is totally in the stage of wanting a nightlight and being scared of things in his room and this week's email talked all about how to deal with that exact topic. I love it for my first and each new stage of parenthood I enter, but I wonder if I will need/want them by the time I have more children.