Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

It was an off year for both my family and my in-laws--and luckily for me, we combined efforts and enjoyed our feast all together up at my parents' cabin. Then we all spent the night in the mountains and enjoyed games, yummy pies, silly kids, more pie, cooing babies, turkey sandwiches at 10:00 pm, Beatles Rock Band, and finally some sleep.

Ruth Ann and Mary

Grandpa Neil and Bentley

Tillie, Bentley and Caroline


Thanksgiving baby

Marshall, Bob and Joseph

Jim, Mary and Seth


Cousins cuddling up with Nanny

Classic apple turkeys (made this morning before we all headed home)

To live a life of gratitude is to open our eyes to the countless ways in which we are supported by the world around us. Such a life provides less space for our suffering because our attention is more balanced. We are more often occupied with noticing what we are given, thanking those who have helped us, and repaying the world in some concrete way for what we are receiving.
-- Gregg Krech

Happy Thanksgiving

5 comments:

Krista said...

great quote. It looks like a wonderful evening together. I wish we could have come. I really like the thankful table too.

Anonymous said...

That quote is what it is all about. I am determined to do all I can to not raise selfish or ungrateful children because the world needs more gratitude in it. We truly have so much to be grateful for and our lives are so much happier when we look at it through appreciative eyes.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I am thankful for you. Glad you had a nice day with both families!

Heidi said...

That looks like a wonderful and cozy Thanksgiving at the cabin. How nice to be able to spend it with both families! Great quote too.

Bobbi said...

It was a warm and lovely time together. I am thankful for you, too!
Good quote.