Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Closet Project

My hall closet is a mess. A dark, scary, overcrowded mess. And with winter approaching, I need it not to be. This closet from Real Simple is my new inspiration:


Just a thought about daylight savings time: why do I feel like I have to be home in the evenings now that it gets dark so early? Come 5:00 pm and I simply do not want to be outside anymore. I even hate running my kid free errands at 8:00 pm simply because it looks so much later (and colder) Oh--and my little girls cannot help but fall asleep if we are driving anywhere after 5:30 pm and their cat naps ruin our lovely sleep schedules. This whole time change is really cramping my style! Why is it such an adjustment every year?


5 comments:

Bobbi said...

I hear you. With kids, changing the schedule twice a year is the pits. And the dark evenings make me want to hibernate.

Krista said...

totally hear you with the dark thing...seriously, is the time change necessary. I want to boycott it...anyone with me..?
That closet looks absolutely lovely. I need to work on mine now. Thanks for the inspiration. Take before and after pics too. I love those.

Heidi said...

I hate the dark evenings! I swear we eat dinner earlier now too and then Max is ready for bed and I have to find a way to keep him up!

The colors/aesthetic of that closet look very LeBaronish to me (Carrie and Joe LeBaron, that is). Fun to have a project to work on like that. I move so often I never feel that anything needs organizing- someday that will change!

Flori said...

Are you sure you're not pregnant? Your nesting/reorganization urges are killing me! (because it makes me feel guilty that I have NO desire to reorganize my closets/drawers/shelves/life). Agreed on the Daylight savings. It's been raining here for 3 days too, so dark, cold AND rainy means I've practically gone into hibernation.

Anonymous said...

Daylight savings...blahhhhh.

Anyway, I love that we both marked that same closet. And we really should attempt it ourselves. I see them knock out shelves all the time on home improvement shows. If your electrician can do a light in there as well, it would be such a fun project in both of our homes.