Wednesday, November 18, 2009

9 Months


Today's stats from her well-baby visit:

Weight: 18 lbs 12 oz
Height: 28.5 inches

Olivia's newest love is food. And not so much pureed baby food but anything that the big kids are eating. The only problem is that she hoards bites in her mouth and suddenly has way too much in there at once. I swear she's like a little hamster :)

Our Livvie Lous is still a content little sitter. I love this stage where I can put a basket of toys next to her and she thoroughly entertains herself emptying the whole thing. When she is on her tummy she scoots herself backwards or spins in circles--I suspect she'll be crawling before Christmas.

Olivia loves all sorts of books (to flip through a page or two and then eat any part of them she can), her cuddly blankies--and Bentley's and Caroline's, watches, earrings and bracelets, fingers for gnawing on (just ask my Dad if she is a biter) and drinking water from a sippy cup. And my new favorite--playing patty-cake. She is figuring out how to clap her hands together and loves trying the "pat-it" and "roll-it" parts too. Such a sweet little girl who is growing up way too fast. Do I say that about her every month?



5 comments:

Heidi said...

I am always in awe of babies but I just die at this age- I wish it would last forever!! Can't wait to see her this weekend, I hope she will not be scared of me!

ba and the boys said...

i cant believe she is 9 months old already! she is such a beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

Her patty cakes are too cute. And I am envious that she will just sit contently on the floor. If I put my baby down, he is off to the races! Like Heid said, these are my favorite stages.

Bobbi said...

She was a sweetheart at the cabin, and I feel honored that she now smiles for me. This is a precious time, lots of personality and not much mobility!

Stacey said...

I can't believe she is already 9 months old! She is such a cutie. Can't wait to see her over Christmas!