Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The End


As of Monday night, I am finally done nursing this gorgeous baby girl. It's time, I'm ready and I am kind of amazed we made it 9 months when I only lasted 6 months with my other 2 kids.

But oh my goodness--I am in a world of hurt right now. Why do I always forget about the pain of weaning? I even took it super slow this time around by cutting out one feeding every 3 or 4 weeks, giving myself plenty of time to adjust to a change in milk flow. So, for the last 3 weeks we have been down to just 1 feeding a day--but after 48 hours of keeping it all in I feel like I am carrying around 2 solid rocks on my chest. Solid, sore, swollen, heavy rocks. Does anyone know when I will feel like normal again? I can be patient...but really not that patient. Tell me it will be over in a few days ok? And by a few I honestly mean 3 at the most (but 2 would be better...:)

And I'm always up for any advice or tips on how to manage "the girls" while they're drying up. Seriously, haven't I done this before? The memories elude me (and you know you want to turn that last sentence into a pun...admit it. I do :)

5 comments:

Joseph said...

Mammaries... like the corners of my mind... Babe, I feel for you and your case of blue boulders. Thanks for taking care of our babies.

Heidi said...

ha ha ha oh Joe.

I don't have any advice. I didn't have any pain when weaning Max. I dried up too fast to even make it to one feeding a day. Hopefully it will only be another day at most.

Bobbi said...

Joe, you're a funny boob.
Advice: hot water, tight binding on your chest. You are quite the milk maid, my dear. Olivia looks none the worse for the weaning, hope you are better soon.

Krista said...

oh joe...at least we get a comment from you when it has to do with boobies. Care...I can't remember. It's been years since my girls did their job...it feels like. Good luck. I hope it's past by now.

ba and the boys said...

ah-it is so nice to get your body back!