Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let Us Give Thanks

"And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive."
Alma 7:23

Our thankful family home evening this week:


Cares is grateful for "Twyla & Black"

the Oquirrh Mountain Temple

her dancing body, baby sister and snuggling


Bentley is grateful for the Draper Temple, ears to listen with, parents, his baby sister, and going on a mission when he is big.


"Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever."
Alma 26:8

I love this season of thanksgiving. I am constantly reminded to see all the good that I have in my life and remember how much my Father in Heaven has blessed me. The bounty of His goodness overwhelms me and I am truly thankful for all that I have--namely those whom I love and love me in return, and for the knowledge I have of my Savior and His glorious Gospel. Plain and simple and yet everything to me.


7 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that Cares said Oquirrh and Beans said Draper- of course it had to be different right?!

I really needed this post today. I have been very consumed this week with why Heavenly Father has not answered my prayers and feeling very emotional/helpless and I need to remember all the blessings in my life and focus on that instead.

ba and the boys said...

cute! we put leaves on tis paper tree that i had lamanted ages ago. we did the same thing monday night. it always amazes me what the kids are thankful for!

ba and the boys said...

cute! we put leaves on tis paper tree that i had lamanted ages ago. we did the same thing monday night. it always amazes me what the kids are thankful for!

Krista said...

beautiful and great FHE idea.

Bobbi said...

You are teaching them good things, and their hearts are pure and happy. Good job! We are thankful for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Why is it that this new post didn't show up whenever I would check your blog this week? Hmmm....

What a fun activity and cute idea for FHE. I think we will copy it this week for ours! I love what your kids are grateful for.

Carol said...

Those turkeys are darling. I am going to steal your idea for FHE tonight. :)