Tuesday, November 17, 2009

58 Days

In 58 days my hubby and I are jetting off to paradise to celebrate our 10 years together. We have booked our stay here and plan to soak up plenty of sunshine and sleep. But we are also planning on doing a session at the Kona Temple, taking a helicopter ride over those famous, active volcanoes, and snorkeling, hiking and exploring the island every day.

58 days still seems pretty far away at this point...but I am getting super excited. Any suggestions on what we should see or do? or where we should shop or eat? I have visited Oahu, Maui and Kauai but never the Big Island (although my husband has--when he was a teenager he and his dad took a trip there together--just the two of them. Lucky.)

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Aaah so fun!!! I'm excited for you.

I've never been to the Big Island so don't have any recommendations. But I know you guys will have a great time exploring the island and enjoying each other's company.

Krista said...

wahoo! I'm so jealous. That is a perfect place to be in the winter months. I've never been to the big island..okay I've only been to maui is what I'm saying. I'm excited for a report on it.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember much about the big island except the oriental gardens that Grandpa made us go to and then sitting by the pool reading scandalous romance novels that were from a "library" for the condo owners. But can three 13 year old girls be expected to remember much besides that? I did love being with my cousins and my grandparents too. What a fun memory.

You will have a great time too and you won't even need romance novels! Yay for 10 years.

ba and the boys said...

my only suggestion...enjoy! it will be perfect weather then!

Maggie said...

That will be so much fun!!! Take lots of pictures!

Lizzy said...

I have never been! I am so jealous! Can Matty and I hide in your luggage? You will never know we are there!

Carol said...

Carrie,
You need to email my mom. They had a condo in Kona and went every year for years and years. I am sure she would have some amazing suggestions.

Have a wonderful time!!!

Bobbi said...

I was on the Big Island 52 years ago--yikes! Obviously I can't remember much, but Hawaii Volcanoes National Park was interesting and I think we went to Akaka Falls (442 feet high). They have black sand beaches which are not as soft but are pretty in their own way. You will have a great time there!