Friday, September 28, 2007

To Go Or Not To Go

Joseph and I have had a weekend away planned for about 6 weeks. It is our anniversary on Monday and we have been so eager to have some couple time together the next few days. But last night, around 8:00 pm, miss Caroline started throwing up and didn't finish her last bout until 4:00 this morning. She is finally keeping some juice down and soundly sleeping but I don't know what to do. I hate to leave her if she continues feeling so sick but at the same time, I really need some time away--especially after Bentley's sickness and restless nights earlier in the week. I feel like such a bad mommy for still wanting to go! Granted, we are only planning on heading up to Park City so we will be very close if we are needed. And I have the most capable of mothering hands lined up for babysitting--Nanny Friday and Grandma Bobbi Saturday. I don't know what to do just yet. Maybe I'll have to wait and see how my baby girl is when she wakes from her rest. I hate that I am torn about it and not ready to just give up our plans...

Now, enough of my ranting. Instead I will share these pictures that Bentley, Joseph and I have been getting a kick out of the last few days.
Bentley at 5 months and Caroline at 5 months (first Halloweens):

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh what little mushes. They actually look like siblings!

I think you should still go on your trip. Cares will be in the hands of two great mommies to comfort her and watch over her. Or maybe you could just go for one night if you really are feeling guilty.

Bobbi said...

I'm so sorry Cares is sick now--but maybe she is done. See how she is after her nap. I say let us give it a try, and we'll call you if they just get too sick or distraught. You need some rest. And we need some grandchild time. Park City is beautiful right now, a perfect time to be there. The comparative pictures are so cute! They do look more alike in them than I would have guessed. What little dolls!

Jess said...

Let me just say, adorable! And I have a feeling that my baby boy is going to resemble Bentley aka Baby Neil. Have fun!

Krista said...

cute, cute kids in that costume. They really do look alike.